Our Daily Bread- Falling Short

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2012
      READ: Romans 3:19-28

      All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23

      One of the fads of 1970s America was the motorcycle jump. This trend
      reached its high (and low) point on September 8, 1974. Thousands of
      spectators gathered around the Snake River Canyon in Idaho to see if
      Evel Knievel could jump across the chasm in a specially designed “sky
      cycle.” In the end, however, it was unsuccessful. Knievel made it only
      part of the way across the gulf before his parachute deployed and he
      dropped to the canyon floor below. Some spectators asked, “How far
      across the canyon did he get?” But that wasn’t the point. He didn’t make it all the way across, so he fell short of his goal.
      This scene is a good illustration of sin. The Bible talks about sin in
      Romans 3:23, where Paul declared, “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” No one is capable of bridging the gap between God and
      ourselves by our own efforts, but the Savior came to do just that on our behalf. Christ perfectly fulfilled God’s standards, then gave His life
      on the cross to pay for our failure and wrongdoing. Where we could only
      fall short, Christ’s work, offered in love, accomplished all that was
      needed.
      Our response is to trust Him and receive this matchless gift of salvation. —Bill Crowder
      There is no other name on earth
      By whom salvation’s given
      Save Jesus Christ the Lamb of God,
      God’s precious gift from heaven. —StairsThe cross of Christ bridges