Humbleness/Humility

  • Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2012
      Humbleness / Humility?
      We come across this word in
      our daily life as well as in our Christian life.  Does it just mean meekness and modesty? Or,
      is it different from the expression of a customer service rep, a waitress or a
      sales girl when they want to make a profit out of us?  Or is it just a mask that people with l.g.s.
      (looking good syndrome) wear.
      Through Virgin Mary, the
      promise and prophesies of human salvation was fulfilled. In the Old Testament,
      when patriarch Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac, Abraham was being
      humble.  Being humble is “preferring God
      over everybody and everything”.  Abraham’s
      humbleness was to love God more than his promised son. He had the belief that
      Isaac was born because God gave him Isaac.  He was willing to slaughter his son; if God wanted it.  He did not take any of his servants who
      accompanied him in the journey to the slaughter either.  It was very personal.  Just Abraham and God alone; and isaac the one
      to be sacrificed.
      When Gabriel came to Mary,
      it was Mary and Gabriel alone.  When the
      salutation “shlom lekh btulto Mariam,” (peace be with you Virgin Mary), and the
      filling with grace “Maliass thibootso” (You are filled with grace) she knew
      what she was going to suffer.  Every people
      she knew would accuse her as immoral.  My
      beloved reader!  She did not spend any
      word or any of her time convincing others that she was innocent.  It does not even say that she even tried to
      explain to her Joseph.  She used her time
      praising her Lord.  Because she had God
      in her person.  She served God because
      she was a servant of God only.  She did
      not want to look good.  She left it to
      God to decide the notifications.  God
      revealed to Joseph, God revealed to Elizabeth.
      The Christian humbleness is
      not making deals for self gratifications.  It is not a mask either.  It is adamantly
      standing for Jesus Christ. It is comlete surrender of one’s self for the glory
      of God alone. It is bearing testimony for Jesus before the entire world. It is
      like the saint Athanasius. Athanasius contra mundum. (Athanasius
      against the world!) If I am a humble christen, I must be “Monsy
      contra mundum”.
      Chemmachen

      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob