Our Daily Bread- Each Day

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2012
      READ: Matthew 6:5-15

      Give us this day our daily bread. —Matthew 6:11

      In 1924, a boy named Johnny, who loved to play basketball, completed the
      eighth grade in a small rural school. His father, rich in love but short on money for a graduation gift, gave Johnny a card on which he had
      written his own 7-point creed, which he encouraged his son to start
      following daily. Three of the points were: Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible. Make each day your masterpiece. Pray for
      guidance, and give thanks for your blessings every day.
      Jesus, in what we often call the Lord’s Prayer (Matt. 6:9-13), taught us to
      approach our heavenly Father each day; it’s not something to be said
      once and forgotten. Through it we offer God praise (v.9); seek His
      kingdom and His will (v.10); trust His provision (v.11); and ask for His forgiveness, power, and deliverance (vv.12-13).
      Throughout his life, Johnny sought the Lord’s strength to live each day for Him.
      He became a three-time All-American basketball player at Purdue
      University and one of the greatest college coaches of all time. When
      Coach John Wooden died at the age of 99, he was honored most of all for
      his character, his faith, and the many lives he touched.
      By God’s grace, may we make each day our masterpiece for Him. —David McCasland
      Heavenly Father, thank You for the blessing and
      privilege of being able to drink deeply from Your Word.
      Give me guidance as I seek You. I want to know You
      and to have my life bring a smile to Your face.
      Commitment to Christ is a daily calling.