“…such a heart in them that they would fear Me…”

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2012
      “…such a heart in them that they would fear Me…”

      Deut. 5:29: “Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever!” [Fear = reverential fear; awe. Heart = our innermost being; fear of God is a matter of the heart ]

      “such a heart” – O Father, this is your desire for US; give US such a heart: a heart that fears you always. Thus, Lord, let US keep your commandments and inherit the blessing for US and OUR children forever. Let US always abide in the fear of God (Prov.23:17), trusting in your mercy, Ps. 130:4. The spirit of godly fear that was on Jesus (Isa. 11:2) - may WE share in that spirit, O Father. The spirit of godly fear with which He prayed (Heb. 5:7) -may WE share in that spirit, O Father. Amen.

      Moses in his old age reminded the people, Deut. 13:4: “You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him.” This verse helps us see how the fear of God keeps us.

      Prov.23:17: “…be zealous for the fear of the LORD all the day.” Note here also that the heart is to abide in the fear of God, so that we are free from envy. O God, let me be “zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day.

      Ps. 130:4: “But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.” See here that forgiveness should lead us to fear the Lord; and the fear of the Lord keeps us from sin, Prov. 3:7; Prov. 8:13.

      Thankful for your prayers,
      BRO.SHIBU L PODIYAN
      WASHINGTON D.C