Macarius the Great

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 13 6:14 PM
      Macarius the Great
      From: St. Macarius the Spiritbearer
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/2265761/macarius-the-spiritbearer-of-egypt
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
        Abba Macarius was met on the road by the devil, who struck him repeated with a scythe, to no avail. The devil finally exclaimed, What is your power, Macarius, that makes me powerless against you? all that you do, I do too. You fast, so do I; you keep vigil, and I do not sleep at all. In one thing only do you beat me. When Abba Macarius asked what that could be, the devil replied, Your humility.
        Because of that I can do nothing against you.�

        Macarius the Great, Macarius the Spiritbearer
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 26, 2013
          Do not judge others, for this alone will intercede for us during the judgement before God.

          Macarius the Great, Living Without Hypocrisy
          http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/16861196/living-without-hypocrisy
        • The Orthodox Bookstore
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 8
            Christ is Born! + Glorify Him!

            As the Lord put on the body, leaving behind all principality and power, so Christians put on the Holy Spirit, and are at rest.

            Macarius the Great, Spiritual Homilies (Homily 26)

            Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore on the following platforms!