Macarius the Great

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 13, 2012
      Macarius the Great
      From: St. Macarius the Spiritbearer
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/2265761/macarius-the-spiritbearer-of-egypt
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 17, 2013
        Abba Macarius was met on the road by the devil, who struck him repeated with a scythe, to no avail. The devil finally exclaimed, What is your power, Macarius, that makes me powerless against you? all that you do, I do too. You fast, so do I; you keep vigil, and I do not sleep at all. In one thing only do you beat me. When Abba Macarius asked what that could be, the devil replied, Your humility.
        Because of that I can do nothing against you.�

        Macarius the Great, Macarius the Spiritbearer
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 26, 2013
          Do not judge others, for this alone will intercede for us during the judgement before God.

          Macarius the Great, Living Without Hypocrisy
          http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/16861196/living-without-hypocrisy