Pray for america

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2012
      Be a Servant - Be a Servant of All!

      When he was born without legs, his parents threw him over a cliff to be eaten by wild animals. Somehow he survived and became a bitter beggar on the streets. A believer gave him some money, but when this Christian tried to read Scripture to him, the beggar exploded in anger, If there is a God, why did He let all of these bad things happen to me?� Undeterred, the believer returned daily to read Scripture to him.

      One day the beggar exclaimed, I don't like your reading, but when I hear God's Word my heart burns within me because I know it is true. Soon the beggar accepted Christ as his Savior and became a dynamic witness of the Gospel.

      If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all� (Mark 9:35).

      No one is too small (the beggar mentioned above) or too great (President Obama) to receive our love and the light of God's truth. Light does not discriminate and neither should we. Anyone who approaches a source of light gets the benefit of its brightness, and anyone who comes to us should get the blessings of God's love flowing through us. We should always be ready and willing to take the opportunity to do good to all men, especially fellow believers (see Galatians 6:10).

      Anyone whom Jesus met or passed by was a candidate to receive the transforming power of His love. Those whom society rejects and despises often become the most radiant witnesses of the love and truth of the Lord Jesus Christ.

      With love,
      Your brother Shibu Luke Podiyan
      Washington D.C