Malankara World Journal Issue 107 - Theme: Storms and Suffering - (Nov 8, 2012)

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2012
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 107 - Theme: Storms and Suffering -
      (Nov 8, 2012) is available online at:

      *Table of Contents - Issue No: 107 - Theme: Storms and Suffering *

      1. Hurricane Sandy, Evil in Syria and Hurricane Neelam: Is God Trying to
      Tell us Something?

      Tens of thousands of people had their lives are changed in significant
      ways as a result of Sandy. It is difficult to calculate the human toll
      emotionally and spiritually. As usually happens during such catastrophe,
      people blames God. How can a loving God do such thing to His creation?
      Some atheists may even join biblical character Job's wife in 'advising
      people to curse God and die.' ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Nov 11)

      Hoodhosh Eetho (Dedication of Church) Sunday

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (Nov 11)

      Sermons for the Hoodhosh Eetho (Dedication of Church) Sunday

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_Hoodosh-eatho.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today

      "Perfect through suffering." (Heb. 2:10)

      5. Destruction of St. Mary's Monastery Church in Dair Al-Zor, Syria by
      Archbishop Eustathius Matta Roham

      The attached photo is my church in Dair Al-Zor, Syria. This is St.
      Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church in Dair Al-Zor, which is located on the
      Euphrates River. It was destroyed by dynamites on Saturday, 27 October
      2012. I heard in the news that there was an explosion near the church,
      but I never had an idea how much damage was done to it? ...

      6. Russian Orthodox Bishop: Syrian Christians Facing 'Extermination'

      The Russian Orthodox bishop, Metropolitan Hilarion (Alfeyev) of
      Volokolamsk, warned that that the situation for the Christian population
      of Syria has deteriorated to an alarming degree. Hilarion compared the
      situation today, after almost two years of fighting in Syria, as
      analogous to Iraq, which saw a virtual depopulation of Christians
      following the U.S. invasion in 2003. ...

      7. North Carolina Baptists respond to need for help after Hurricane Sandy

      About 75 North Carolina Baptist Men (NCBM) volunteers are now on site
      assisting with response efforts after Hurricane Sandy. All three NCBM
      feeding units are serving in the New Jersey/New York area. The three
      large feeding units have a combined capacity of 80,000 meals per day.
      Recovery, administration and chaplaincy volunteers are also on site. ...

      8. God and Sandy

      It has been deemed the most destructive storm, hitting the most densely
      populated areas of our country, in decades. At the time of this writing,
      over fifty deaths have been reported. Damage is estimated to be in the
      $20 billion range. Over 8 million have been without power in 17 states.

      So where was God? Some would say this proves there isn't a God, or at
      least a loving, benevolent God. If there was, He would have intervened.
      So either He wouldn't (a bad God) or He couldn't (a weak God). Others,
      with equal determination, claim that this is just another example of
      God's sovereignty. There was a Sandy because God wanted there to be a
      Sandy. So take that, New Jersey. ...

      9. A Long and Winding Road

      At times the road before me seems long, steep and challenging. I can
      feel lost. Uncertain. Afraid. Sometimes I'm not sure I have the strength
      for the journey. It's in those times that God wants me to remember I'm
      not traveling alone. He is my ever-present guide. He knows where the
      road leads. He can see what lies ahead. And that's not all. ...

      10. How to Weather Life's Storms

      You may be facing a storm today. You begin to feel a breeze or a ripple.
      Your company is downsizing, your mortgage is upside-down. A gust becomes
      a gale. Your husband walks out the door, leaving you with three kids and
      a broken heart. Your biopsy report comes back and it's bad -- really
      bad. You start to submerge. Where's Jesus? It's foggy and you're
      frantic. ...

      11. Health: Dengue Fever Remedy - Papaya Leaf Juice

      Papaya Leaf juice is a natural cure for dengue fever. As dengue fever is
      rampant now, I think it's good to share this with all. ...

      12. Family Special: How to Deal with Unemployment

      About six years ago, our family went through a period of unemployment.
      Fear and bitterness consumed me, and although I knew in my head I needed
      to cling hard to God, my heart propelled me in the other direction.
      Through that experience I learned that God is good even when life is
      hard, and His love is greater than our emotions. ...

      13. Humor: Mysterious deaths that made even top doctors wonder......

      14. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew