Re: Ethiopian Orthodox Church

  • thomas_pa1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2002
      When Patriarch Abune Theophilos constructed the largest
      church in Addis Abeba, he dedicated one of the Holy Altars
      in the name of St. Thomas for the Indian Church. Christian
      love is not about authorities, who is above whom in authority.

      Years later, Catholica Bava (Malankara Church) sent a letter
      to all parishes to collect materials to send to Ethiopia in
      a ship to help them during the famine. Christian love is
      about helping each other in need, it is not about superiority
      of just one church.

      Thomas
    • V Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2002
        Dear Thomas,
        You have quoted History.Why we go to the history of some other place.Our
        history is that the church was under Partiarch of Antioh
        and east from the begining.No other group was there in Kerala till Portugese
        came.All were following the Syriac litergy and rites.
        The books burned by the bishop Menzes were our syriac pryer books and
        records.

        Or leave very old history.Can we believe the saint of Kerala,Parumala
        Thirumeni,who wanted us to be loyal to Patriarch.He cannot be partially
        wrong in that aspect.

        If present,Bava is a great person ,as you say why can't he go for a give
        and take policy.?Why he is after Jacobite group?He is a Holy man
        and supposed to pardon seventy times.But actions show hollowness instead of
        Holiness.He sent a parallel priest to Manarkadchurch to establish the
        kingdom of God?
        Or he is listening to Satan who says he can rule the whole world.(Atleast
        jacobites) if he listen to him..
        I know about him from days he was the Metropolitan of Kollam. He tried
        occupy one church by entering,through the window.Incase of doubt
        check with him.Otherwise I will give more deatils. That definitely was not
        praying.!!Incommon mans dictionary it is greed!

        When christs disciples quarelled for seniority and positions,He scolded
        them.The yerning for positions in the world at any rate
        is not what christ taught.In the early centuries this work of -percecuting
        fellow christians,was with Pope!Now the work is handed over to
        Kottayam Catholicose.Now Pope is going around and apolagising.!!
        When Partiarch was at Kerala during Kananaya Metropolitans Powrohithya
        Jubilee,many leading figures tried to bring catholicos
        atleast for a tea together with Patriarch to sort out matters..The Orthodox
        leadership was not ready for that.(There is many witness to it.)
        That is their Christian spirit.
        Now they go around talking about peace,eccuminism etc.But can not amicably
        settle things with their own brothers.They go around importing Great
        Bishops/Archbishop and Partiarchs from Kazakistan,Unzbekkistan
        and God knows from where all, but can not accept their own high priest
        (whom the supreme court confirms and
        they themselves accept in the costitution.)
        This double standard.You cannot serve God and Mamon together

        Regards