our Daily Bread- Six word Testimony

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      READ: John 9:1-11,24-25

      One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see. —John 9:25

      Over the past 15 years, Dan Smith’s name and face have appeared on fliers in coffee shops, laundromats, and small businesses across New York City.
      The six-word slogan on each flier says: Dan Smith Will Teach You Guitar. The result is that Mr. Smith stays as busy as he wants to be, teaching his students how to play the guitar. Many enthusiastic students hang his fliers in new places. It’s their way of saying, “Dan Smith taught me guitar. He can teach you too.”

      The pages of the Bible are filled with accounts of people telling what God has done for them. One of the most vivid appears in John 9 where Jesus encountered a man blind from birth and miraculously enabled him to see (vv.1-7). After repeated questioning by skeptical local religious leaders, the man could only say, “One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see” (v.25).

      If you had six words to express what Christ has done for you and can do for others, what would you say? Perhaps, “Jesus Christ will forgive your sin,” or “. . . give you hope” or “. . . save your soul.” When Jesus has changed our lives, we affirm His power to do for others what He has done for us.

      “I was blind, now I see.” —David McCasland
      It is no secret what God can do.
      What He’s done for others, He’ll do for you.
      With arms wide open, He’ll pardon you.
      It is no secret what God can do. —Hamblen

      We are Christ’s “letters of recommendation” to all who read our lives.