Our Daily Bread

  • Very rev. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 90 , Nov 1, 2012
      READ: Psalm 22:1-8,19-26

      Those who seek Him will praise the Lord. Let your heart live forever! —Psalm 22:26

      Do you know which psalm is quoted most often in the New Testament? You may have guessed the familiar and beloved 23rd Psalm, but actually it is
      Psalm 22. This psalm begins with David’s poignant, heart-breaking words
      that were quoted by Jesus on the cross, “My God, My God, why have You
      forsaken Me?” (Matt. 27:46; Mark 15:34).
      Imagine the situation David must have found himself in that caused him to cry
      out to God in this way. Notice that he felt forsaken and abandoned: “Why are You so far from helping me?” (Ps. 22:1). He also felt ignored: “O
      my God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear” (v.2).
      Ever been there? Have you ever looked up into the heavens and wondered why
      it seemed that God had abandoned you, or was ignoring you? Welcome to
      David’s world. But for every plaintive cry David expresses, there is a
      characteristic of God mentioned that rescues him from despondency.
      Through it all, David discovers that God is holy (v.3), trustworthy
      (vv.4-5), a deliverer and rescuer (vv.8,20-21), and his strength (v.19).
      Do you feel forsaken? Seek the Lord. Rehearse His character. And “let your heart rejoice with everlasting joy” (v.26 nlt). —Dave Branon
      Lord, sometimes I feel as if You don’t care about
      my life. When those times come, please remind me
      of Your character as You did David. Help me to
      lean on You again and know that You are there.
      Even when we don’t sense God’s presence, His loving care is all around us.
    • Very rev. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil