Our Daily Bread

    Message 1 of 90 , Oct 31, 2012
      READ: Psalm 32

      I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Psalm 32:5

      If you have something to hide, Mike Slattery may have the solution.
      Several years ago, a cell-phone company wanted to erect an antenna on
      his property and disguise it as a pine tree. Mike had a better idea and built a fake barn with vinyl panels that allow the radio waves to pass through them. He developed that concept into a company that builds structures to hide antennas for aesthetic and security reasons. Slattery is convinced that many of his neighbors still have no idea what's inside his barn (The Gazette, Colorado Springs).

      Most of us are trying to keep something out of sight. It may be as harmless as clutter in a basement or as toxic as the moral and spiritual failings we try to hide from others, ourselves, and even from God.

      In Psalm 32, David described the futility of trying to conceal his sin
      (vv.3-4) and the relief of opening his soul to the Lord: I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, �I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,’ and You forgave the iniquity of my sin� (v.5).

      Confessing our sins to God and forsaking them brings a sense of freedom to our souls and the awareness that we have nothing to hide. David McCasland

      Lord Jesus, help me come to You
      When I would rather run and hide
      My sinfulness and foolish ways;
      Forgive and make me clean inside. Sper

      Whenever we're ready to uncover our sins, God is ready to cover them.
    • Very rev. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
      Message 90 of 90 , Nov 1, 2012
        READ: Psalm 22:1-8,19-26

        Those who seek Him will praise the Lord. Let your heart live forever! —Psalm 22:26

        Do you know which psalm is quoted most often in the New Testament? You may have guessed the familiar and beloved 23rd Psalm, but actually it is
        Psalm 22. This psalm begins with David’s poignant, heart-breaking words
        that were quoted by Jesus on the cross, “My God, My God, why have You
        forsaken Me?” (Matt. 27:46; Mark 15:34).
        Imagine the situation David must have found himself in that caused him to cry
        out to God in this way. Notice that he felt forsaken and abandoned: “Why are You so far from helping me?” (Ps. 22:1). He also felt ignored: “O
        my God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear” (v.2).
        Ever been there? Have you ever looked up into the heavens and wondered why
        it seemed that God had abandoned you, or was ignoring you? Welcome to
        David’s world. But for every plaintive cry David expresses, there is a
        characteristic of God mentioned that rescues him from despondency.
        Through it all, David discovers that God is holy (v.3), trustworthy
        (vv.4-5), a deliverer and rescuer (vv.8,20-21), and his strength (v.19).
        Do you feel forsaken? Seek the Lord. Rehearse His character. And “let your heart rejoice with everlasting joy” (v.26 nlt). —Dave Branon
        Lord, sometimes I feel as if You don’t care about
        my life. When those times come, please remind me
        of Your character as You did David. Help me to
        lean on You again and know that You are there.
        Even when we don’t sense God’s presence, His loving care is all around us.