Spiritual Words.

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2003 , Oct 31, 2012
      "Jesus is yearning to have fellowship with us and to hear words of love drop from our lips. He is waiting for us. He wants us to be close to Him. He wants to speak to us in our hearts, to cultivate love's intimate relationship with us. Only in times of quiet when no one else distracts us, and nothing else draws us away, can Jesus visit us with His love. Let him who wishes to know the presence of Jesus and who desires to enter into bridal love for Jesus keep his times of quiet holy and faithfully for Him."

      Basilea Schlink.
      "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit." Psalm 32:1-2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2003 of 2003 , Dec 7 5:39 PM

        Abba Joseph said to Abba Nisterus, "What should I do about my tongue, for I cannot control it?" The old man said to him, "When you speak, do you find peace?" He replied, "No." The old man said, "If you do not find peace, why do you speak? Be silent and when a conversation takes place, it is better to listen than to speak."

        The Sayings of the Desert Fathers.

        "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit."  Proverbs 18:21

        The Bible reading for the 29th of Hatour, December 8, is:
        13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am? 14 So they said, Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets. 15 He said to them, But who do you say that I am? 16 Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. (Matt.16:13-19)
        Martyrdom of St. Peter, the Seal of the Martyrs, 17th Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Clement, Pope of Rome.

        The Bible reading for the 30th of Hatour, December 9, is: John 10:1-16
        Departure of St. Acacius, Patriarch of Constantinople.
        Martyrdom of St. Macarius.
        The Consecration of the Church of Saints Cosmas, Damian, Their Brothers and Their Mother.

        The Bible reading for the 1st of Kiahk, December 10, is: Luke 1:1-25
        Departure of St. Peter Elrahawy, Bishop of Gaza.
        The Consecration of the Church of the Saint Abba Shenouda.

        Prayer Requests:

        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.