Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1393 , Oct 24, 2012
      "When the body was created it was free from corruption and without the humors from which... desire and uncontrollable rage arise. But after the fall anger and desire were necessarily generated within it, for then it became subject to the corruption and gross materiality of the instinct-driven animals. That is why when the body has the upper hand it opposes the will of the soul through anger and desire. But when what is mortal is made subject to the intelligence it assists the soul in doing what is good."

      St. Gregory of Sinai.

      "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1393 of 1393 , May 24 9:15 PM

        "The fathers tell us that there are various methods of resisting the temptations of the mind and various ways of defeating them, according to the strength of the one who struggles: one may either pray against evil thoughts or enter into contention with them, or else turn them away by contempt. The last method is that of the most perfect souls. As for contending with our thoughts, this too is a method suitable to those who are in progress. Beginners and weak souls should pray, evoking good thoughts against evil imaginings, for St. Isaac teaches that passions should be circumvented by the guile of virtues. When we are assailed by delusions, so that we cannot pray humbly and in interior silence, we should take arms again them, displacing evil thoughts by good ones."

           St. Nilus of Sora.

        "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."  Romans 5:19

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith