Re: Question on Baptism of John the Baptist

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 13, 2012
      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Dr. Sinu P. John wrote:

      I am not sure where you quoted the homilies from, but it sounds more similar to the writings of St. Isaac the Syrian.

      The quotations that I have given is from St. Isaac of Nineveh who lived in the 7th Century.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_of_Nineveh

      I was not aware that Mor Isahaq commemorate in the 5th Thubden is a different St. Isaac the Syrian. I know that we Oriental Orthodox (Copts for sure) venerate St. Isaac of Nineveh as a saint, along with the 'Assyrian Church of the East', Byzantine Orthodox and Roman Catholics.

      Thanks you very much for pointing it out.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M