Text of the Holy Apostolic Message delivered at Kuwait on 28 September 2012

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13 11:34 PM
      Text of the Holy Apostolic Message delivered at Kuwait on 28 September 2012 in the occasion of inauguration of the 40th anniversary celebration of the establishment of St George Universal Syrian Orthodox Church Kuwait.

      Bshem abo wabro wruho .........................

      We thank God for this joyous occasion. God gave us an opportunity to be with all of you.

      Especially with our beloved Brother In Christ His Beatitude Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I, His Grace Mor Osthatheos Issac, the Patriarchal Vicar and our former secretary, and all the Metropolitan, clergy and all the dignitaries present here.

      We glorify God the Almighty for bringing us here in this esteemed country of Kuwait. We are so happy to be here with you. Even though we visited Kuwait a lot of times in our life, this is the first time we are coming here as the Patriarch. We give thanks to Our Lord for that.

      We are happy to know that for the last forty years we are worshiping God in this land. We thank all the rulers of this land for giving us permission to pray in this land. Our heartiest gratitude goes to His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jaber Al Sabah, the great leader of Kuwait today. May God bless His Highness. May God bless Kuwait.

      We are also happy that his sister Her Highness Sheikha Fariha Al Ahmed Al Jaber Al Sabah is here with her presence and we are honoured. We are proud of her since she is always a help for all the needy. She is doing God's mission in her own way. We pray that God may shower blessings upon blessings on her. We are sure that she will convey our blessings and prayers to her great brother.

      We came to know from our beloved metropolitan His Grace Mor Osthatheos Ishaq that the first Holy Qurbono was celebrated in this parish on 14th September 1973. We praise God for that. Now you are celebrating the fortieth anniversary of that great event. We are so glad to be present at this joyous occasion. We are informed that it has grown from thirteen families to six hundred and fifty families. Now it is a Reesh Church. We are glorifying God with all of you.

      Today, on this auspicious occasion, the silver jubilee of Mor Baselious youth association is celebrated. We are proud of the youth members because the future of our church lies in them.

      They can contribute a lot to the church and the society as a whole. We are informed that they are trying their best to keep the true faith of Saint Peter, the Apostle. We wish all the best for the Youth Association here. We bless them and pray for them with all my heart. We exhort them to live a humble and holy life to imitate the great fathers of our church. We advise them to do all their activities with much prayer.

      We congratulate all the spiritual organizations of this church. We are informed that the Sunday school and Women's wing are doing their best to promote faith with sincere efforts. We appreciate their selfless service for the glory of God, without seeking any reward at all. May God bless them and guide them.

      We are honoured by all the diplomats and dignitaries present here including the ministers from Kerala and the ambassadors of different countries.

      We are aware of the great help given by the National Evangelical Church of Kuwait, which is providing the place for conducting our services here. We bless them especially Rev. Fr. Immanuel Gharib , who is the chairman of the church. We thank him personally for all the supports given by him.

      Also we thank God once again for giving us an opportunity to be with you all. We received the letter of greetings on the day of our enthronement. We bless Our Lord without ceasing for all the graces He showered on us. We thank you for remembering us on that day. We are glad that the first Holy Qurbono of this church was celebrated also on 14th September, which is our enthronement day. It is something special for us.

      What we need in these days of wars and chaos is nothing but more prayer. We had undergone medical treatment in Germany and miraculously we regained our health. We believe that it is because of the prayers of the humble faithful of our church. God never close the doors to the tears of the believers. Your tears are always precious in the sight of Our Lord. Your sufferings have their own reward in Heaven. So never be disappointed at anything. God will lift you up at the right time if you humble yourselves. Peace is the result of prayer. We need peace all over the world especially in the Middle East. Pray for Peace. Pray for syria. Pray for us. God bless you all.

      We also takes this opportunity to inaugurate the Chapter of Medical Mission of Church, here in Kuwait, which is headed by our Beloved Metropolitan His Eminence Mor Clemis Augeen Kaplan of Western Archdiocese of North America.