Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Today with Jesus “Jeremiah 29:11
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 12, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “Jeremiah 29:11
- “For I know the plans I have for you,”
      declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
      hope and a future.”

      John B Gurdon, the Nobel
      Prize winner in 2012 for
      medicine, was ridiculed for his poor biology marks by the schoolmaster.

      God has plans for all his children not to fail but to succeed, to be happy, not sad, and to live, not
      die. So, trust in Him always. Nobody
      should judge and condemn anyone. Our duty is to love and encourage others to bring out the best in them. Parents, teachers, priests, elders and
      friends should be careful
      when they deal with people under their care.
      Nobody should be done away
      as useless. Each of us have been created
      in the image of Jesus and so, we need to show respect to one and all.

      John Gurdon got the Nobel Prize for medicine in 2012
      for the discovery that mature cells can be converted to stem cells. His simple recipe could turn more skin
      cells back into primitive cells which in turn could be produced into different
      kinds of mature cells. This will have
      immense potential, including developing treatments for Parkinson’s disease and
      making cells that produce insulin. Gurdon who said his ambitions to
      become a scientist, were
      dismissed as “completely ridiculous” by his schoolmaster when he was a teenager,
      has served as a professor of Cell Biology at Cambridge University. He is currently
      at the Gurdon Institute in Cambridge, which he founded.

      Conscience
      question: Is it fair to
      put down other people?

      Prayer : Jesus, let us not be depressed by negative comments of
      others. Let us look on you for all our inspiration and life's direction. Let us
      not cultivate the mind of judging and ridiculing others for their performances.
      Let us see you in others. We pray for all those who are ridiculed and
      despised by teachers, parents and priests. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Friday, 12th October 2012