that no one may take your crown

  • Shibu Luke Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012
      that no one may take your crown

      Rev. 3:10-11: Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.[This was written to the Church in Philadelphia, which had no fault. Though they had no fault, still they needed the warning: that no one may take your crown. The crown mentioned here is the crown of life, Ja. 1:12.]

      Lord, may I not fail to receive this warning: that no one may take your crown. Let me live in godly fear, Lord, and hold fast what I have. May the testing of my faith produce patience, Ja. 1:3. May I be perfected through patience, Ja. 1:3-4. Amen.

      It is during a trial of faith that God's Word is fulfilled in us most, and we are blessed most, James 1:12: Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

      Patience = endurance under trials; Longsuffering = bear long with people; both these terms are used of God, Rom. 2:4; Rom.15:5; 1 Pet. 3:20. The way to the virtue of patience lies through trials, James 1:2-4: the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. As we endure in faith, we are being perfected. Lord said in Luke 21:19: By your patience possess your souls. This verse has blessed me since my youth.

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Shibu Luke Podiyan
      Washington D.C