Our Daily Bread- Still Bearing Fruit

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2012
      READ: John 15:8-17

      By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit. —John 15:8

      Sometimes the harvest comes late. Sometimes you sow seeds of hope without really
      knowing it. Sometimes the fruit of your life comes in a way and time you would never expect.
      My daughter Melissa had accepted God’s gift of salvation at a young age.
      But she never saw herself as some great Christian who could change
      lives. She was just a high school junior trying to cope with a job,
      school, and sports while balancing friendships—just a kid trying to live as God would want her to.
      Yet, in 2002 when He welcomed her into heaven when she was just 17, her
      faith in Christ and her faithful life stood on their own. No advance
      warning. No time to make things right with others. No new opportunities
      to “bear much fruit” (John 15:8).
      Melissa tried to live in a way that was pleasing to God—and her life is still
      bearing fruit. Just recently, I heard of a young person who trusted
      Jesus as Savior at a sports camp after a coach shared Melissa’s story.
      All of us are writing a story with our lives—one that affects others now
      and in the future. Are we living to please God? We don’t know when the
      Lord will call us Home. Let’s live every day with an eye on the harvest. —Dave Branon
      Only the truth that in life we have spoken,
      Only the seed that on earth we have sown;
      These shall pass onward when we are forgotten,
      Fruits of the harvest and what we have done. —Bonar
      A fruitful harvest requires a faithful life.