Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1350 , Oct 9, 2012
      "...one needs to acquire discrimination, either through the humility given by God or through questioning those who possess the gifts of discrimination. For without discrimination nothing that comes to pass is good, even if we in our ignorance think that is. But when through discrimination we learn how it lies in our power to attain what we wish, then what we do begins to conform to God's will."
      St. Peter of Damaskos.
      "Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble." Psalm 40:1
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1350 of 1350 , Mar 15 7:46 PM

        "Just as a treasure that is exposed tarnishes and loses its value, so a virtue which is known vanishes; just as wax melts when it is near fire, so the soul is destroyed by praise and loses all the results of its labor."

           Amma Syncletica.

        How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"  Isaiah 52:7

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Baramhat, March 16, is:
        12 When the day began to wear away, the twelve came and said to Him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the surrounding towns and country, and lodge and get provisions; for we are in a deserted place here. 13 But He said to them, You give them something to eat. And they said, We have no more than five loaves and two fish, unless we go and buy food for all these people. 14 For there were about five thousand men. Then He said to His disciples, Make them sit down in groups of fifty. 15 And they did so, and made them all sit down. 16 Then He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke them, and gave them to the disciples to set before the multitude. 17 So they all ate and were filled, and twelve baskets of the leftover fragments were taken up by them. (Luke 9:12-17)
        Martyrdom of Sts. Philemon and Apollonius.
        Martyrdom of St. Mary the Israelite.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Baramhat, March 17, is: John 8:12-20
        Martyrdom of St. Matthias, the apostle.
        Departure of St. Julian, the Eleventh Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Arianus, the Governor of Ansena.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.