Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 6, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “In my father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have
      told you.” (John 14:2)

      A woman of God comforts a Pastor who is terminally ill with Cancer.

      To heal or not to be healed is the wish of God. But it is for us to pray for the healing and leave it to Jesus at his will. We are on a heavenly bound journey to reach our eternal homes to relax and forget
      all the pains of this world and to live in happiness with Jesus. We,
      Christians, especially the pastors and priests should be good role models and show others how to face life’s problems with hope, love and faith. When we preach, we should be genuine in our lives and die in compliance with the life of Jesus who had entrusted his life in peace to God on the Cross telling, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit,” when he had said this, he breathed his last.” (Luke 23:46) This can be achieved by all those who are living in the spirit of
      Jesus and then we will be the witness for others.

      Gulshan Esther, a woman of God was invited to a church where the Pastor is a cancer patient. He was given only a limited time to live. He was sacred; he did not want to die. Esther felt sorry for him. It must have been very difficult for a man in his position to comfort his people with hope of eternal life yet be scared himself of death. She reminded the word of God - John 14:2-3. She told him that “Jesus is in control of his life and he is the true physician. Give yourself to Him. Don’t be afraid. Sometimes Jesus rejects medical help. Ask him for an answer to your problem. You must have faith in Jesus Christ before you can offer it to others. Open your heart to Jesus and you will trust in Him. She asked, “Are you ready?” The pastor said he was ready for prayers and they prayed together. Before she left the room, he had been delivered from his fear and had peace of mind. He had cast his burden upon Jesus who has promised us that when we take his yoke upon us and learn from him, we will find rest for our souls - (Mathew 11:29). The pastor is alive and well.

      Conscience question: As Christians, are we afraid to die by sickness like cancer, especially the pastors and priests? Or do we need someone to wake us up?

      Prayer: Jesus, let us have peace of mind when we are sick and dying. Let us be the example. We pray for all the people who are scared of sickness and death. Let your spirit of courage comfort us and may your healing hand always be on us.

      All we ask in the name of Jesus.
      Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen