Our Daily Bread- Timing is Everything

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      READ: Psalm 37:3-11

      All things work together for good to those . . . who are the called according to His purpose. —Romans 8:28

      It was quite a few months before I realized that what I thought was a
      coincidental meeting had been good timing on my future husband’s part.
      From the balcony of the church, he had seen me, deduced which exit I might
      be using, raced down two flights of stairs, and arrived seconds before I did. As he casually held the door and struck up a conversation, I was
      oblivious to the fact that his “impromptu” dinner invitation had been
      premeditated. It was perfect timing.
      Perfect timing is rare—at least where humans are concerned. But God has
      specific purposes and plans for us, and His timing is always perfect.
      We see that timing in the life of these Bible characters: Abraham’s
      servant prayed for a wife for Isaac. God answered his prayer by bringing the young woman to him (Gen. 24). Joseph was sold as a slave, falsely
      accused, and thrown into prison. But eventually God used him to preserve many people’s lives during a famine (45:5-8; 50:20). And we marvel at
      Esther’s courage as Mordecai reminded her, “Who knows whether you have
      come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (Est. 4:14).
      Are you disappointed in the pace of God’s plans? “Trust in the Lord” (Ps.
      37:3). God will open doors when the timing is perfect. —Cindy Hess
      Kasper
      Have faith in God, the sun will shine
      Though dark the clouds may be today;
      His heart has planned your path and mine,
      Have faith in God, have faith alway. —Agnew
      God’s timing is perfect—every time!