Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 5, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “Do not
      be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness
      have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?” (2
      Corinthians 6:14)

      A wise request from a wise Pope : "Let the
      unbelievers in Christ’s teachings of marriage and pro-life better leave the
      Catholic church." - Pope Benedict XVI

      Christ is the eternal truth. All other teachings contrary to the teachings
      of Christ are to be shunned and to be separated. We should be sincere to our
      names in Christ, its institutions and affiliations. If we cannot live up to the
      core principles of Christianity, then it is better to leave or to be cut off
      from the affiliation. Otherwise, even the good can become bad. Homes, churches and other time-tested
      society benefitted institutions are dithering with dissension and crumbling
      without stalwart leaders. There are no wise spirit filled leaders who have the
      guts to say ‘stop it and leave'. Dog
      in the manger attitude is dangerous and self-destructive. You can’t take what
      is in the upper shelf and not lose what is under your arm pit. In one source,
      there will not be good and bad. Either the source is good or bad - no via
      media.

      Knowingly, we should not allow more Judas to betray
      the teacher and destroy the school of thought that the teacher stands for. A family
      is a bond when a man weds a woman and is the foundation of Christianity in
      Jesus. Jesus stands for life, not death in any form. Any one not complying with
      these fundamentals should disassociate and relinquish all the inheritance they
      have.

      Pope Benedict XVI suggested that those who disagree
      with Catholic teachings or do not believe in Jesus Christ should leave the
      church rather than become betrayers like Judas. The Pope said, “Judas could
      have left if he were honest. Instead, he remained with Jesus. He did not remain
      because of faith, or because of love, but with the secret intention of taking
      vengeance on the master.” Catholics
      need to always be sincere like St. Peter and believe in Jesus.

      Conscience question: Do we have the guts to say that
      bad is bad and good is good, and that both will not go together?

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be honest in our lives in the church
      with your teachings. Test and search anything in our hearts and minds that is against
      your spirit. Cleanse us from all sins. Let us not be a bad witness for you on
      this earth. Let our homes and churches be one in your faith and love. We pray for wise leaders like the Pope
      to lead our homes and churches. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Friday, 5th October 2012