Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 4, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “I am the living God, the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down
      his life for his flock.”

      (John 10:11 - Aramaic Bible)

      The pope who refuses to eat until all the homeless of Rome were
      fed.

      Jesus is the true shepherd. He never fails or leaves us when we
      are in any danger. We know the
      good shepherd by his actions. Jesus, the only living God, took the human form
      away from all his godly splendour and died on the cross for the salvation of
      all his living beings. A hired hand tends the sheep for money, while the shepherd
      does it for love. The shepherd owns the sheep and is committed to them. Some
      teachers, priests, missionaries and evangelists do not have this commitment.
      People expect their leaders to be above weaknesses even though they are human.

      Pope St. Gregory was a wise, yet humble monk, who was well loved
      for his care for the poor. When Rome was in a famine and under attack, he
      refused to eat until all the homeless of Rome were fed. And when he did eat, he
      shared his table with 12 homeless guests.

      Conscience question: Are we in our
      actions showing any compassion for the plight of our entrusted subjects?

      Prayer: Jesus, let us
      be good shepherds. Give us the spirit of leadership to sacrifice our lives for
      our herds - children, neighbours and fellow beings. Let us be with them when
      they are in danger or need. We
      pray for all the leaders who are at risks to save their people.. All we ask in
      the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto