BAPTISM OF JESUS BY JOHN

  • Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2012
      BAPTISM OF JESUS BY JOHN

      John was offering the baptism of repentance. Jesus did not had any sin inherited or self acquired; until he accepted it in to himself in the garden of Gethsemane. He did not had any Adamic sin or the sin of disobedience of the abrahamic covenant or sin of the law of Moses. Mary was cleansed by angel Gabriel immediately before the power of God the Father overshadowed her. He did not had any self acquired sin as He did not had sinning nature. He did accept our sins and never accepted our sinning nature.

      John was offering baptism of repentance, he found Jesus coming to get baptized. John had the nature of being filled with the Holy Spirit even when he was in his mother's womb; whenever he was in the presence of Jesus. He addressed Jesus as the Lamb of God. But, he was reluctant to wash this Lamb because this Lamb had no stains or spots. But Jesus disagreed with John as He wanted to be washed for the sacrifice for the salvation of humanity, fulfilling the law. Even though Jesus was being obedient to God the Father as it was the will and wish of the Father; Jesus himself was also willing to be offered as the Lamb. Jesus knew that there is no other way for salvation. For this reason Jesus asked God the Father; My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done. There is no other way as He explained to Thomas about the exclusivity of salvation. Nobody comes to the Father except through me.

      As we read in Genesis, Man was created by God the Father by the Word of God who is Jesus. The two hands of the Father are God the Son and Holy Spirit. As it was in creation, so it was in salvation; the holy Trinity was present. As John was the greatest of all prophets
      Our baptism is not the above baptism. It is the acceptance of the death and resurrection of Jesus as the only way for our salvation. Our infants are born to believing parents who are put together by the holy sacramental consecration of holy matrimony. We are following Malachi 2:14-15 You ask, Why?� It is because the Lord is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant. Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring�.

      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob
      Boston