Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Oct 3, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “‘If you
      can?” said Jesus : Everything is possible for him who believes.” (Mark 9:23)

      Sheer
      faith and its actions (seems foolish) of a boy makes food for the family.

      The
      attitude of trust and confidence that the Bible calls belief or faith (Hebrews
      11:1,6) is not something we can obtain without help. There is nothing too
      difficult for God if we believe. God wants us to be saved from sin, from the
      clutches of Satan, and sickness. All this
      can be obtained providing all the stake holders - the givers, receivers
      and the facilitators have faith in Jesus that there is nothing impossible with
      Him. The demon-possessed boy could not
      be delivered by Jesus' disciples since they had no faith, but Jesus did . When
      Jesus told the boy's father about God’s possibility of healing those who have
      faith, the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my
      unbelief!”

      (Mark
      9:24). We have more faith in the material world that is temporary. This is a
      world of unbelievers, so our homes, churches and societies are sick and
      restless with dearth of visions, wonders and signs from heaven. The leaders are
      clueless and doubting Toms. So, the
      subjects are confused and guided by the Devil.

      There
      was no food for days for a missionary family in the winter time. The family prayed together to feed them as God
      fed the prophet Elijah with bread through the raven in the wilderness. As soon as the prayer was over, the little boy
      opened the window. When his father questioned about the rationality of opening
      the window in the cold night, the boy answered, "If I close all the
      windows, how can the raven enter inside
      with food?” Within a short time, a man was in front of the window and requested
      the family to receive two bags of wheat flour because his horse carriage was
      stuck in the snow as otherwise it would
      get wet and wasted in the snow.

      CONSCIENCE Question: Are we clueless
      and confused when we doubt the efficacy of the name of Jesus? Then, have you tried the efficacy of faith in Jesus?

      Prayer: Jesus, save us from the situation of non-belief. Let us be away from sin, Satan, and sickness.
      Give us your gift of faith in spirit. Let us be facilitators, the providers and
      receivers of wellness from you by faith. We pray to convert the non-believers
      to believers. All
      we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen