Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 30 3:51 AM
      Today with Jesus

      “If you argue your case with a neighbour, do not betray another man’s confidence.” (Proverbs 25:9)

      BBC apologizes to the Queen over Abu Hamza's disclosure.

      Jesus is always faithful. He will not let you down under any circumstances. David prays,“Help, Lord, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men” (Psalm 12:1). He will not break the confidence that we have in him. Jesus expects this faithfulness from you and me. The family, church and society are all in existence only because of the faith and confidence of its members. We have no right and it is against all ethos of a civilised society to reveal any secrets of others that are confidentially conveyed to us. Breaking that trust is a sin to God. We confess to the priests as they are the representatives ordered by Jesus (John 20:23) and they are supposed to be above all suspicion. So, we can confess our sins in confidentiality. If anybody breaks that faithfulness, he should be shunned from the church and society, and should be considered as Pariah. They should be put to trial in a legal court and be punished. Why are the confession tables almost empty nowadays? Because the stake holders are not faithful shepherds who can be depended upon. That is why David cries for faithful leaders in homes, churches and in society at large.

      The BBC has apologised for revealing that the Queen had raised concerns with the government about why radical cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri had not been arrested. The apology comes after Security Correspondent, Frank Gardiner, told BBC Radio 4 of a private conversation he had with the Queen some years ago. The BBC said it and Gardner were sorry for the “breach of confidence, which both “deeply regret.” Gardiner said the monarch had told him, in a private meeting, how she had been upset that Abu Hamza could not be arrested.

      “The conversation should have remained private and the BBC and Frank deeply regret this breach of confidence. It was wholly inappropriate. Frank is extremely sorry for the embarrassment caused and has apologised to the palace.”

      A spokeswoman for Buckingham palace said it would “never comment on private conversations involving any member of the Royal Family.”

      ConScience - Where are we in our confidentiality of marriage vows, secrecy of confession, faithfulness of friendships, sacredness of parents and children, teacher and students, priests and laymen, boss and subordinate relationships?

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be faithful in all matters. Let our confessions be kept confidential by the priests. Help us never to reveal matters told to us in confidentiality.

      We pray for those who are faithful in this regard. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Sunday, 30th September 2012