Our Daily Bread- Truth in A Taxi

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2012
      READ: John 14:1-11

      I am the way, the truth, and the life. —John 14:6

      One day when I was in downtown Chicago, I hailed a taxi. Once inside, I
      noticed several advertisements for a New Age guru posted on the seat in
      front of me. The driver claimed that this mystic was the “divine one”
      for our day. He believed that God appointed various leaders throughout
      the ages, and that Jesus had merely been the appointee for His time.
      Of course, I had to disagree. As we talked, I mentioned Jesus’ words: “I
      am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except
      through Me” (John 14:6). Contrary to the cabbie’s belief, Jesus was not
      just one in a series of enlightened religious leaders—He is the only way to know God, and only through Him can we get to heaven.
      As the “Son of the living God” (Matt. 16:16), Jesus didn’t simply declare
      Himself to be the ultimate spiritual authority. He proved it with His
      death and resurrection. Christ “offered one sacrifice for sins forever”
      (Heb. 10:12).
      Jesus said of Himself: “I am in the Father and the Father in Me” (John
      14:11). Therefore we don’t need to investigate any “new” path of
      salvation. It’s better to learn all we can about Christ; He is the only
      One who can provide spiritual certainty. —Jennifer Benson Schuldt
      My heart is stirred whene’er I think of Jesus,
      That blessed Name that sets the captive free;
      The only Name through which I find salvation,
      No name on earth has meant so much to me. —Eliason
      Spiritual phonies will only take us for a ride, but Jesus will take us all the way to heaven.