Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 29, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart.” (Acts 2:46)

      ”Simplicity and outer order - clearing the non-useful items, messy desk and overflowing closet gives happiness at home.

      Simplicity is the hall mark of Christianity. Consumerism keeps away people from Jesus and his principles. No material things and moneyed
      items lead to spirituality in any form. To be spiritual and happy, we need to be simple and organized. Christians should not display their wealth with pomp and show of ornaments and clothes, or other extreme of nakedness with tattoos and weird appearances. Outer order contributes to inner calm. When the disciples were filled in spirit, they all sold their properties and emptied their lives to let the spirit fill in, to share it, to serve it, to cheer it . “All believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to any one as he had need” (Acts 2:44&45).

      Gretchen Rubin is the author of 'Happier at home.' Inspired by William Morris’s rousing call to “Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful,” she has resolved to be happy by “go shelf by shelf, then drawer by drawer, then closet by closet, to consider each of our possessions.” Did one of us use it or love it? Would we replace it if it were broken or lost? If so, was it in the right place? If not, why keep it? According to her, “Make your bed” is the most successful resolution out of all. Let us clear our messy desk and start to be simple and in order.

      Make a resolution that we will not display our wealth and be ridiculed
      in front of Jesus and the wise.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be simple and holy. Let us share anything more
      than one item that is not in use and help me grow in spirituality. Let us look up to you whenever we are tempted to accumulate and be messy. We pray for all those who are simple and happy. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Saturday, 29th September 2012