He must increase, but I must decrease.”

  • Shibu Luke Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2012
      “He must increase, but I must decrease.”

      John 3:28-30: ‘“And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified—behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him!”
      John answered and said, ‘A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven. You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent before Him.’ He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease.”’ [Jesus’ was superseding John’s ministry. These words of John show his humility.]

      ·Humility is the glory of God’s servants. (1) John the Baptist: Jesus said of John, Matt. 11:11: “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist…” It was this John who said, “I must decrease.” John was humble, though he was the greatest of all in the Old Testament. (2) Moses: We read of Moses, Num.12: 3: “Now the man Moses was very humble, more than all men who were on the face of the earth.”

      · A true story (as was told to me): A servant of God had a dream: A ladder from earth to heaven. On the first step of the ladder was inscribed: “Humility”; so on the second step, third step, and so on…. As he climbed, he thought that on the very top step (in heaven) will be written something else. And he reached the top step, and behold on it was written on it, “Humility.” Humility is the greatest glory!

      Quote: “When the corn is nearly ripe it bows the head and stoops lower than when it was green. When the people of God are near ripe for heaven, they grow more humble and self-denying.” John Flavel

      For Prayer: Care for the handicapped people in all nations; the Lord bless the caregivers.

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Bro Shibu Luke Podiyan
      Washington,D.C