Our Daily Bread- To The End

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2012
      READ: Acts 1:1-8

      You shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. —Acts 1:8

      It was my first day of class at the Moscow Bible Institute where I was
      teaching Russian pastors. I began by asking the students to give their
      names and where they served, but one student shocked me as he boldly
      declared, “Of all the pastors, I am the most faithful to the Great
      Commission!” I was taken aback momentarily until, smiling, he continued, “The Great Commission says we are to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. I pastor north of the Arctic Circle in a village nicknamed ‘The
      End of the Earth’!” Everyone laughed and we continued with the session.
      The words of that pastor, who ministered in the Yamal (which means “end of
      the world”) Peninsula, carry great significance. In Jesus’ final message to His disciples, He said, “You shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem,
      and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
      Every corner of our world, no matter how remote, must be touched by the
      message of the cross. The Savior died for the world—and that includes
      people both near and far.
      Each of us has the opportunity to take the gospel to people in our “end of
      the earth.” No matter where you are, you can tell someone about the love of Christ. Who can you tell today? —Bill Crowder
      People can’t believe in Jesus
      If the gospel they don’t hear,
      So we must proclaim its message
      To the world—both far and near. —Sper
      Any place can be the right place to witness for Christ.