Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 27, 2012
      Today with Jesus
      “Truth shall spring out of the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven.” (Psalm 85:10)

      “The real battle ground is on a higher ground, in the heart and mind where love and truth will be the final victors.” - US Representative,John Lewis, the victim of segregation.

      Jesus said, “I’m the way, the truth and the life.” If we look at life from any angle, we can see that the final victor is Jesus and His words. With Jesus, we can win any battles in life. ‘Truth shall triumph’ is the eternal adage that anyone can depend on and strive. To get things done, we are impatient and violent; we lie and even kill to win. But that victory is a mirage and the end is always tears and hopelessness. We, Christians, should have patience and wait for His time to get on to the pedestal of victory. Non-violence and truth should be our weapons, like the tools adopted by M.K. Gandhi, the apostle of peace in the 20th century for the freedom struggle in India. He got freedom from the British without shedding blood on the streets as in Syria and Libya in the 21st century. How beautiful and result-oriented it would be if we fought our battles in our homes, churches and on the streets with faith, patience, truth, peace, love and reconciliation! Those who have the ears, hear it, the heart, heed it, and the minds, act it.

      John Lewis, US representative was beaten 40 times during the non-violent campaign to end segregation in USA. At a south Carolina bus station during the freedom rides, a group of men kicked and punched him and left him lying in a pool of blood. In his capitol Hill office 48 years later, a man came to visit him. He was one of his assailants, and he came to ask forgiveness. Lewis advises us to hold peace in our hearts, "knowing that the battle ground to overcome evil is already won.”

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be peace makers. Let us die for truth as you did and the generations to come be the beneficiaries of truth and love. We pray for all those who are struggling in homes, churches and civil societies to keep peace, love, truth and patience in the midst of evils of murder, violence and lies. We pray for the people like John Lewis to be patient for conversion of the sinners. . All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Friday 28th September 2012