Our Daily Bread- For His Glory

  • Very Rev Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2012
      READ: 1 Peter 4:12-16

      Do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, . . . but rejoice . . . when His glory is revealed. —1 Peter 4:12-13

      You can learn a lot by walking with others through tough times. That’s been the case for us as our friends Sam and Carol have trudged through Sam’s cancer journey. For a year we watched and prayed as he endured the
      treatment and the pain. And just when it seemed he was in the clear, a
      new diagnosis reported more cancer.
      The disappointment was obvious. Year two would look a lot like year one as
      Sam would have to go through the chemo and the sickness and the side
      effects all over again.
      But when Sam told us about what he faced as more months of treatments
      loomed, he said something we can all learn from: “We want to make sure
      that through it all God gets the glory and we reflect His love to
      others.” Imagine that! As he faced another year of pain and struggles,
      Sam’s first priority was to show God’s love through it all. He was
      anticipating the time when God’s “glory is revealed” (1 Peter 4:13).
      Carol wrote to friends, “It has been a year of trials, but God has always
      pulled us through with His mercy and grace. May we never take our eyes
      off Him and His love for us.”
      What mountains do you face? Like Sam and Carol, you too can depend on God’s
      grace to get you through. Pray also that you might reflect His love.
      —Dave Branon
      Whenever life’s burdens oppress you
      And trials are too much to face,
      Remember God’s strength in your weakness;
      He’ll give you His power and grace. —Sper
      The increasing darkness of trials only makes the lamp of grace shine brighter.