Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 25, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “Do not drink with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you.” ( Ephesians 5:18)

      “We can change an apathetic culture of teenage driving and drinking” - victim’s father.

      Medical science without any doubt clarifies that drinking in any form for any ages is not desirable for a healthy living. Alcohol in any form is more dangerous than any type of drugs available. It is a major factor in three leading causes of death for people aged 15-24 - car crashes, murder, and suicide. Even 75% of rapes happens when at least one person involved is under the influence of alcohol. Alcohol leads to dehydration, dulled senses, decreased reaction time, impaired judgement, impaired memory club with weight gain, and mostly death when one is drunk and driving. The Bible speaks clearly that drinking is a sin. Some group of Christians ban any use of alcohol since it pulls away the people from a good relationship with God. Some others do modest drinking and consider drinking itself not wrong

      (justification: After all Jesus turned water into wine). But the Bible and the medical science outright ban all types of intoxicated drinks, wine or beer. Social alcoholic drink parties should be shunned. Christian homes, meeting places and churches should be devoid of alcohol. Parents should not tempt the teenagers in this regard. Whatever we can do to stop teenage drinking, we should do it now. Otherwise it will be out of control resulting in death, destruction and tears.

      In memory of his daughter who was killed by a drunken driver in 2007, Leo Mac Cathy started “Mariah’s Challenge.” The non-profit organization give college scholarships to teenagers who pledge not to drink while they are underage. Nearly $150,000 has been awarded as scholarship money. “We can change an apathetic culture of teenage drinking and driving,” Mac Cathy said. “Hopefully, one day we will not need ‘Mariah’s Challenge’.

      Prayer: Jesus let us fill ourselves with the Holy Spirit and not with the spirit of alcohol. We pray for all those who are addicted to drinks to come out from its satanic and poisonous web. We pray for the families who are suffering with this problem. We pray for the people and organizations who are at the service of Jesus to stop teenage drinking, like Mac Cathy’s ‘Mariah’s Challenge’. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Wedensday, 26th September 2012