Our Daily Bread- Capture the Moments

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26 5:52 PM
      READ: Ephesians 5:8-21

      See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time. —Ephesians 5:15-16

      My wife, Martie, is a great shopper. When she shops for groceries, she
      reads all the nutrition labels and considers the best deal by looking at the price per unit. But her best trick is looking for the “use by”
      date. She doesn’t just grab the first gallon of milk she sees, but
      rather she goes for the gallon with the latest “use by” date so she can
      bring home the freshest milk from the store.
      In a sense, our lives are marked by “use by” dates—except that none of us
      knows the exact date when our heart will expire or we’ll take our last
      breath on this planet. Given that reality, shouldn’t we try a little
      harder to capture the moments we’ve been given? Capturing the moment
      means that we’ll do things like love more deeply, forgive more quickly,
      listen more carefully, and speak more affirmingly.
      Paul gives this good advice: “See then that you walk circumspectly, not as
      fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Eph.
      5:15-16). He also instructs us to “walk as children of light . . .
      finding out what is acceptable to the Lord” (vv.8-10).
      Since none of us knows our “use by” date, we should capture the opportunities to brighten our world with the love of Christ today! —Joe Stowell
      Lord, grant me grace throughout this day
      To walk the straight and narrow way,
      To do whatever in Thy sight
      Is good and perfect, just and right. —HuismanLive each day as if it’s your last