Today with Jesus

  • Very Rev. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 24, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “He who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.” (Proverbs 17:5)

      China sacks ‘smiling official’.

      Few acts are as cruel as making fun ad taking satisfaction at the calamities and down fall of our fellow beings and the less fortunate. We are all God’s creation. God does not like his children who is brought by his own blood perish in any form. If we mock the poor and smile at the calamities instead of being the good Samaritans, then we need to be condemned and punished here, and here after. Modern self- centered world is not immune but prone to this sorrowful condition. People takes it as entertainment and media gets an item when any tragedy happens. It’s deplorable. Especially, we, Christians and all others with a conscience need to act on these issues.

      A safety official in China who sparked a public outcry after images showed him at the scene of a fatal bus crash, has been sacked. Yang Dacai has been stripped of all his official duties for “serious wrong doing”. Pictures of Mr. Yang smiling while visiting the site where 36 people died on 26th August 2012 were posted on line. Outrage grew when Chinese netizens found images of him wearing luxury watches. Officials are still further investigating “trials of Mr Yang’s other wrong doings.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be good Samaritans at the scene of tears and calamities, and not smile or be happy at others' sorrows. Let our society act rightfully to disapprove the wrong doings of people who gloat or rejoice at the fall of the less fortunate. We pray for the bold steps of all the civic bodies and the justice systems taken to punish and sack such people. . All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Tuesday, 25th September 2012