Our Daily Bread- Available Now

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012
      READ: Psalm 119:89-96

      I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life. —Psalm 119:93

      The Dead Sea Scrolls, discovered in the late 1940s, contain the oldest
      known copies of the Hebrew Bible (the Old Testament). For decades, the
      scrolls have been carefully guarded and their use often restricted to a
      small group of scholars. In an effort to preserve the ancient fragments
      while broadening access to them, the Israel Antiquities Authority, in
      partnership with Google, is making high-resolution images of the
      2,000-year-old scrolls available to everyone online.
      That’s good news for scholars and curious students alike. It’s also a reminder of the great treasure we currently possess in the Bible itself.
      Throughout Psalm 119, the writer celebrates the eternal nature and
      life-changing wisdom of God’s Word. At the heart of today’s passage, the writer declares, “I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You
      have given me life” (v.93).
      Many of us have had a Bible almost all our lives, yet how much time do we
      spend in reading and studying it? How deeply do we think about the
      meaning of familiar passages?
      Why not make Bible reading a priority each day? Ask God to guide, teach,
      and strengthen you through His written Word. This amazing resource is
      accessible to all and available now. —David McCasland
      Thank You, Lord, for the Bible, Your Word to us.
      Give us wisdom as we read and study it.
      Make us sensitive to Your voice
      and give us hearts to obey. Amen.
      God speaks through His Word—take time to listen.