Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 21, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “Break the arm of the wicked and evil men.” (Psalm 10:15)

      Don't just shun teen pregnancy but help stop it.

      All evils are to be shunned and despised as Jesus does. This world is inclined towards evil and its works. One of the worst evils is teenage pregnancy. Many teens are exploited because of their poverty and innocence to be dumped in a world of tears. This evil cycle can be broken by education, rehabilitation and spiritual awakening combined with timely intervention by the state holders for eradicating its circumstances. Parents, church leaders, schools and relatives have a great responsibility for the eradication of this evil and have to accept the victims with kindness and love. Instead of despising and cursing the darkness around in this world, we should light the lamp of Jesus in love, and not do this for fame or money. We can face the wicked because we do not face them alone; God is by our side.

      Catalina Escobar, herself a victim, is helping young moms in Colombia, where one in five girls aged 15 to 19 is or has been pregnant. Since 2002, her foundation has provided counselling, education and job training to more than 2000 teenage mothers. “Teenage pregnancy is a world poverty problem and we have developed models of intervention that break the cycle,” Escobar said. “I want to share it with people around the world.”

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be pro-active and not be spectators at the evils, like teenage pregnancy. Let all the circumstances to this evil be removed. We pray for people like Escobar to have the strength to move on with their missions among teenage moms. Let the teenage moms be consoled and get on with their lives. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Saturday, 22nd September 2012