Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 20, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “Weep with those who weep.” (Romans 12:15)

      The real therapy for my Cancer is the presence of my husband and children at my side.

      Weeping and sharing the pain of others make us healthier and see the world as Jesus does. This is an invitation for our own good and relief of pain to the inviter. When Jesus was deeply distressed and troubled at the time of his death at Gethsemane for the sins of the world, He had invited his disciples to “watch and pray.” Finding them asleep after his prayers, He said to Peter, “Simon, are you asleep? Could you not keep watch for one hour? (Mark 14). When we pray for others who are in pain, Jesus stands with us in solidarity. He shares our pains. Our homes, churches, and neighbourhoods should vibrate with the “watch and pray” attitude.

      When Lillian, the famous paediatric radiologist was diagnosed with the third stage of lymphoma, her busy engineer husband, John took time off from work and was at her side for five years. He was with during her bone-biting painful treatments and rehabilitation. She used to say, “The presence and help of my husband and my children are the real healing for my excruciating pain, darkness, fear, doubts and anger.”

      Prayer: Jesus, let us weep with those who are in tears. Let us not desert others in pain. Let us help anyone and everyone in our homes, churches and neighbourhood. We pray for all the couples, children and friends who are at the side of those who are in tears to pray and help like John and his children. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Friday, 21st September 2012