Re: Kerala Vasthu vs Christian

  • Baiju.P.Chacko
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 19, 2012
      Dear Mr. Rajan Varghese

      Being a Civil Engineer, I can't accept your opinion. Why because, In Civil engineering or Architectural Engineering we are not studying any such vasthu which is limiting to some dimension/ size etc.

      While designing a building designer should consider some points such as purpose of building/Nature of land incl. soil/ stability of structure/Ventilations /access of plot/ cost etc. There is no such rule what vasthu peoples saying. According to your comment modern science and Engineering are wrong and the correct one is vasthu which is not yet written. I fully agreed with the post by Kasheesho Bennet Kuriakose, M. Tech.(Civil) Ph.D. Scholar, IIT Madras.

      Please refer Kasheesho Bennet Kuriakose,It is very clear the basic legend is that the cosmic being from shiva the Vastu Purusha is lying down on the plot with head in the North-East direction and legs in the West-South direction arrested by different devatas (gods).

      So being a christian how we can follow shiva the Vastu Purusha etc?????????? It's against the Christianity and why our leaders are not teaching to the peoples?

      The Vasthu is totally stupidity and there are no common rules and any authorized and genuine books available in the market .The available books are misleading the peoples according to the author's knowledge.

      Regards,

      Baiju.P.Chacko
      Dubai
      From the desk of the Moderators:

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If you do not have a member ID yet, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com ) and obtain a member. Thank you for your cooperation.
    • Dr Thomas Joseph
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2012
        Barekhmor Rev. Fr. Bennet Kuriakose,

        Thanks for your perspective on Vasthu - clearly an occult art.

        I have a question regarding your description of the custom related to entry into the sanctuary. I understand the traditional emphasis on entering a sacred place with your right foot forward. However, why does the ascent up the flight of steps begin with left foot? Wouldn't it be traditional to also start with the right foot on the first step? With an odd number of steps one would then naturally enter the sanctuary with the right foot first. Hope you can explain the custom.

        Regards,
        Thomas Joseph
        ID: 0202

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr. Bennet Kuriakose wrote:

        > Dear moderator,
        >
        > This is a reply to the questions asked by Mr. Baiju P. Chacko regarding Vasthu
        >
        > Vasthu shasthra is an ancient Indian doctrine that is used for construction of temples, houses, furnitures etc. This is basically based on Hindu mythology. Th
        > e basic legend is that the cosmic being from god Shiva – the Vastu Purusha – is lying down on the plot for the construction, with his head in the North-East direction and the legs in the South-West direction, arrested by different devatas (gods).

      • Rev. Fr. Bennet Kuriakose
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 23, 2012
          Dear Dr. Thomas Joseph,

          Regarding the entry of a priest to the Holy Sanctuary, you asked a question that, why a priest cannot start moving up with his right foot first. The answer is, it is our tradition to start everything with left and end up with right. Remember when we draw the cross on ourselves, we do the same. When the priest wear the holy vestments like the "msone" (ceremonial shoes - *cheruppu*), "zende" (sleeves -* kaiyyura*) etc. the left one is worn first. Furthermore, when the priest take a turn in the sanctuary ( for incensing, shubkono etc.), he take an anticlockwise sequence, i.e., starting with left side and end up at the right side. I think these symbolizes the process of Christ reforming us 'the children of left' (of the evil) to 'the children of right' (of the Divine).

          God Bless!

          Kasheesho Bennet Kuriakose