Our Daily Bread- Words in Space

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2012
      READ: Ephesians 3:8-13

      In [Christ] we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. —Ephesians 3:12

      True confession: When I found out that astronaut Rex Walheim would be taking a copy of Our Daily Bread with him into space for the last mission of the shuttle Atlantis, I looked ahead to find out which devotionals I had written that he
      would be reading. The idea of having my words read in outer space
      seemed, well, pretty amazing for this small-town kid.
      No sooner had I satisfied my curiosity, however, than I had another
      thought. Why do I consider this such a big deal? My words are heard in
      heavenly places whenever I pray. What has happened to me that I take for granted the concept that the God who created the universe listens to my words? In Christ, I can approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph.
      3:12). Why be more awestruck at having a human read what I have written
      than having Almighty God hear what I pray?
      If that idea isn’t enough to rouse me from complacency, there’s this: The
      Lord is using the church to make known His wisdom to the “principalities and powers in the heavenly places” (v.10). Imagine. God not only hears
      our prayers, but He uses us earthlings to teach heavenly beings the plan of redemption He has accomplished through Christ. Now that’s a big
      deal! —Julie Ackerman Link
      God is waiting in the silence—
      Oh, to know that He is near!
      Earth recedes and heaven opens,
      God is waiting, God is here. —O. Smith
      God is always available to hear the prayer of His child.