Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 19, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "Blessed are the peace makers, for they will be called sons of God.” ( Mathew 5:9)

      As long as there were disputes in this world and energy in his body, he was going to help resolve them.

      Peace comes from Jesus and that is transmitting through the sons of God who are at His service. We are the

      Ambassadors of Jesus as facilitators of peace in the midst of warring individuals, families, nations and even at war-front of terrorism. Actions of love, like all good tools, gets better with use. Each party should “listen Actively” as Jesus always did with his subjects and try to get inside each others’ head. The tools of love and peace are always at our reach if we ‘look’.

      Roger Fisher, lawyer, teacher and peace maker died on 25th of August at 90. He was really a fixer and was always on his wings for peace. He wrote - "even with terrorists, it is vital to separate the people from the problem. The people should recognize the emotions on each other. And they should try to get inside each other’s head." His principles were used all through the Camp David negotiations of 1978, from brain storming over Jimmy Carter’s draft of an agreement (23 rewrites) to the moment when Mr. Carter presented Menachem Begin, the Israeli leader, with signed pictures dedicated, by name, to each of Begin’s grandchildren. Deeply affected, he began to talk about his family. The Accords were signed that day.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be the peace makers, not peace barkers. Let your peace be with us and everywhere. Let us deal with others as your children with emotions and feelings, and above all your image. We pray for all the peace makers like Roger Fisher who strive to make a difference in this world. 2 Peter 1:7 - “And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.” 2 Peter 1:10 - “For if you do these things, you will never fail.” All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Thursday, 20th September 2012