Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1571 , Sep 19, 2012
      "Mortal men, as you look upon the universe, see in it your own nature. What you see on earth in the heavens, what you behold in the sun and contemplate in the sea, apply this to yourselves and to your own nature. In the sun we have a symbol of the rise and setting of our nature. There is one path for all; there is one cycle for all in life's journey. By birth we rise, and then we are drawn back again into our connatural place. And when we come to life's setting, our light too goes below the earth with the sense faculty which perceives light. What is of earth is completely resolved into its element, and so that cycle continues on and on in the same way."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name." Psalm 91:14
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1571 of 1571 , Feb 10 7:09 PM

        "Even if we should have mounted to the very pinnacle of virtue, let us consider ourselves last of all; having learned that pride is able to cast down even from the heavens themselves him who takes not heed, and humbleness of mind to bear up on high from the very abyss of sins him who knows how to be sober. For this it was that placed the publican before the Pharisee."

           St. John Chrysostom.

        "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."  Ephesians 5:1-2

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.