Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 17, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "Carry each other's
      burden and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)

      A woman's faith in Jesus helped to transform the atmosphere of

      Sheer love in Jesus leads to tremendous changes in our lives
      resulting in something good to others. Compassion and love are the by-products
      of the spirit of God. There is a commission and purpose for
      each individual in Jesus to stand for the weak and exploited. We are here to
      bear the burden of others. The joy of this work is eternal and long standing. Do you know someone who needs help?
      Humbly and gently, reach out to that person.

      Elizabeth Fry (1780-1845) was born in an era when concepts of
      rehabilitations or restorative justice were not even within the lexicon of the
      judicial and prison system. At 20,
      she married Fry, a banker and they had eleven children. She was raised a
      Christian, but underwent a deep and lasting conversion two years before her
      marriage. She described it: "I
      felt there is a God. I have been devotional and my mind has been led away from
      the follies that is mostly wrapped up in..” And, “Oh Lord, may I be directed
      what to do and what to leave undone.” She left very little undone. She began by
      distributing food, clothing and medicine to the poor in London, and with a
      group of other Christian women, founded a nursing school known as the Sisters
      of Devonshire. Then she devoted herself to prison improvement by teaching and
      helping the prison inmates, and influencing law makers. In 1823, the British
      Government passed the Prison Reform Act. When she died in 1845, the prisons in
      Britain were transformed into a restitute Centre with Christian compassion.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us bear the burden of others.
      Let us not to be troubled and scared by seeing the deplorable conditions of our
      neighbourhood to act for its transformation. Let us not look on our weaknesses
      when you are there to strengthen us to do His will. We pray for people like Elizabeth
      who carry out your mission.

      Paulose Achen
      18th September 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V