Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 16, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.” (Psalm 51:8)

      His conscience made him confess to one and all so that he could be relieved from the guilt of murder.

      To deny sin is to deny yourself and your existence. The origin of all problems is sin itself. By Jesus’ death on the Cross, He has brought complete cure for all our sins and its repercussions.
      We can be free from our sins only when we repent and accept Him as our saviour. Repentance is fruitful when we do a genuine confession to God. Why are we sick, restless, and stressful? Because we have hardened our hearts in sins and not ready to confess. “When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long” (Psalm 32:4). Then I acknowledged my sins to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord and you forgave the guilt of my sins” (Psalm 32:5). I still believe that true confession will be the best medicine, the confession table and the church will be the best hospital and the spiritually trained priest will be the best doctor for all the problems in the world. “Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed” (James 5:16).

      Etan Patz, a six year old boy was abducted and murdered by the alleged killer, Pedro Hernandez, who confessed to the murder years ago. He lived for 33 years with the guilt of abduction and murder, and with its repercussion of mental illness. He confessed to all those who had encountered with him including a prayer group at a Catholic church, relatives, the priest and even to the grass and flowers on his trail a few years after Patz disappeared. He did so because he could not live with the burden of sin. When he was caught, he confessed all the ‘intimate details’ to the investigators.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us confess all our sins that we have committed knowingly and unknowingly to you and to others. Let us prefer death rather sin and a life with eternal torment. We pray for all those who confess their sins. Let us stop committing sins. Let your merciful self condone the sins of your people. Let our children be protected from predators like Hernandez. Let your justice prevail at all times. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Sunday, 16th September 2012