Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 14, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "There need be no poor among you…Be open handed and freely lend
      them whatever they need.” (Deut 15:4,8)

      “Mom, do you really need that?” Live on the bare minimum when
      others are in need.

      God created the world with enough land, water and food enough
      for everyone. The problem is in the distribution, not supply. We waste a lot and do not care about
      our neighbours' wants. Caring and sharing are the watch words
      and concern of Jesus who cares and shares whatever he has. If we want to make him smile, follow
      Him into His world. Our hearts
      become one with Jesus. Meaningless
      waste in the name of celebrations is a sin in front of the Creator. In the name of war, litigations,
      entertainments etc., we do
      injustice to the poor.

      Nathaniel and Ann are adult children always vigilant in
      reminding their mother that if she has food in the refrigerator, more than one
      pair of shoes and a place to sleep, she is richer than 75% of this world.
      Nathaniel made her go to www.globalrichlist.com and type in her salary so she could see how
      the graph of her income compares with the rest of the world. Her kids see their
      budgets as moral documents about how they love their neighbour, and prod her to
      do the same. “Mom, do you really need that?” "Are you too comfortable?” are a few of their questions
      to remind her to give away things to others. They follow the path of living
      simply and sacrificially.

      Prayer: Jesus, let this world be free from
      hunger and poverty. Let us be the facilitator to abolish poverty. Let us be prudent in our spending and be liberal in giving
      and sharing whatever we have.
      We pray for all those who
      serve the vulnerable and remind their parents to care and share like
      Nathaniel and Ann. All we ask in the
      name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose