Our Daily Bread- Family Togetherness

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14 8:11 AM
      READ: Ephesians 4:1-16

      Keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. —Ephesians 4:3

      My husband, children, and I have a fun family tradition. It happens when
      we are at home and someone calls out “family hug!” We usually rendezvous in the kitchen; I hug the kids and my husband wraps his arms around all of us. It’s our way of expressing love and enjoying a brief moment of
      family togetherness.
      Although we enjoy an occasional group hug, it’s not always easy to maintain that sense of unity. After all, each person in our family is unique. We have different needs, abilities, and viewpoints—much like the family of God
      (Eph. 4:11-12).
      Despite inevitable differences with other believers, Paul calls us to “keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” (v.3). Harmony with other
      Christians is important because it reflects the unity between Jesus and
      His heavenly Father. Jesus prayed this for believers: “That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You” (John 17:21).
      When problems arise within the family of God, the Bible says we are to
      respond “with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing
      with one another in love” (Eph. 4:2). This is the way to experience
      family togetherness with people who share the fundamentals of our faith. —Jennifer Benson Schuldt
      I pray, O Lord, reveal to me
      If I have caused disunity,
      For You would have Your children one
      In praise and love for Your dear Son. —BranonOur hearts are linked through the love of Chris