Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 11, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, ”Let’s go at once to take the land,” he said,

      “we can certainly conquer it.” (Number 13:30)

      Sheer Determination of one man made India the largest producer of milk in the world.

      Determination to reach a goal at any cost never fails you to achieve your wishes in life. Once you fix your life ambition in Jesus, life will be good. "No one puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God”- (Luke 9:62). The scouts sent by Moses to spy the promised land reported to Moses, “The inhabitants are fearsome men from 7 to 9 feet tall, and the Israelites feel like grasshoppers next to them." The fortified cities and the giants struck fear in the hearts of most of the scouts. Imagine sanding before a crowd and loudly voicing an unpopular opinion! Caleb was willing to take the unpopular stand to do as God had commanded. To be effective when you take the odds to the goal, you must: have the facts, right attitude, state clearly what you believe as an individual, (Caleb said, "We can certainly do it.”) and as a family. In our work we should not forget Jesus who did His mission to save humanity even with all the odds. As long as Jesus is always with us, then who can be against us to reach our goals?

      “The drainage water in London is better than the milk in Bombay.” This mockery of the British people was too much to take for a young intelligent engineer from Kerala India in the 1940’s. His determination to prove it wrong made India the largest producer of milk in the world by accounting 17% of milk production globally. He is Dr. Vargese Kurian (1921-2012), the architect of the operation flood and the father of the white revolution in India. He left his lucrative career in engineering to go to the roots of the Indian farmers' problems. He went to USA for two years to study in Dairy Engineering and returned to India to immerse himself in dairy development, especially in the co-operative movement of milk producers in Gujarat (Anand). He made his trademark brand, “AMUL” as the top Asian brand in milk products. To the grateful milk farmers of Gujarat, he was looked upon as God.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us not forget our life targets till we achieve it. Give us the spirit of courage and determination to cross all obstacles to achieve our ambitions and goals, We pray for all those who are in life's struggle for a better future. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Wednesday, 12th September 2012