Our Daily Bread- Giving Directions

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2012
      READ: Matthew 28:16-20

      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

      Not long ago my wife's car needed to be towed. When I explained to the man at the towing company how to find our home, I instructed him to tell the driver not to follow his global positioning system (GPS). Because another street with the same name as ours was separated from our home address by a field, special instructions were necessary. He assured me he would pass on my directions.

      As I stood in the driveway wondering where the tow truck was, the driver called and said he had followed his GPS but couldn't find my street number. Hmmmm. I repeated the directions I had given before, and the tow truck was there in no time.

      Christians have a responsibility to give accurate directions for how a person can get to heaven by having a relationship with Christ (see John 3:16; 1 Cor. 15:1-5). We need to help people see that following their own religious global positioning system,” such as good works or hoping to be good enough, won't get them to heaven. While being sensitive to people’s beliefs, we need to share the true gospel of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

      Jesus said it best, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one omes to the Father except through Me� (John 14:6). �Dennis Fisher

      Father, as we interact with others, may our lives and
      words show Your loving grace. You've told us that
      Jesus is the way of salvation. Help us to share
      the gospel with love and truth.

      Salvation is achieved by Christ's atonement, not by our attainment.
    • Cherian Jacob
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2012
        My dear Achen

        I am so thankful to you for Sharing the story of my chachan. None of us thought we ever could fulfill his wish to be with him when he leave this world. As Achen said, it was a miracle to bring all of us from different part of the world and experiencing the heavenly feeling.

        Many of us are away from our parents and loved ones and missing amazing moments with them. I wish and pray along with Achen to have everyone experience this blessing in their life time. Our redeemer is so caring, he will fulfill all our needs. He struggle and suffer when we experience any struggle in our life. Standing with Jesus will bring all blessings to your life.

        Thank you Achen for your commitment to bring joy for everyone who struggle. May GOD almighty strengthen you and your family in every aspect of your life and bless everyone though you healing ministry.

        With lots of love
        Cherian Jacob