Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 9 5:56 PM
      Today with Jesus

      "Keep us clear of temptation, and save us from evil.” (Mathew 6:13)

      Meditation wards off temptations and helps us to be in self-control.

      Self-control is one of the fruits of the Holy spirit. Temptation is universal as long as the earth is infected by the Satan and his legion. We are saved from temptation only by invoking the name of Jesus as He had defeated Satan. Jesus assured us that his Spirit will ward off evil and all its temptations when we call the name of Jesus and meditate his earthly mission, passion, death on the cross, resurrection, ascension and the victory over Satan and all its temptations. This is practicable and the truth.

      Bhairav Giri, 30, from Bareilly, has been an ascetic for the past 8 years. “Don’t you get attracted to women?" “Sab feel hotha hai, (we feel everything), but we control the urge through dhyan (meditation)".

      Daily meditation, fasting and prayers are the weapons for self-control. And when we are tempted, be in mediation and call the name of Jesus. He will descend with his mighty angels to help us from the dart of the devil and all its temptations.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be in control of our selves. Let us have the spirit to meditate on you and call your name in all our temptations. We pray for all those who are tempted by Satan. We pray to you, “Lead us not to temptations but deliver us from all evil. Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory.” Amen. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Monday, 10th September 2012